I feel like I need to post about how much the kids are changing.
Eli
He is such a cute, charming little guy. I think we're full on into the "terrible twos" right now, even though he's still a month from being two years-old. He's in a bi-polar stage right now, in which he's sweet and cute half the time and downright angry and demanding the other half. Here are some things he likes to do right now:
Say "Hi" to everyone (pronounced Hah-ayy, with a very cute grin)
Wave bye
Answer every question with either "Nooooooooo" or "Okay"
Play peek a boo with various objects
Hide things under blankets and then pretend to look for them like he doesn't know where they are
Redistribute small food items (fishies, grapes) between small bowls and tupperware
Draw/color (he gets his face really close to the paper and moves his hands really slowly)
Point out letters. Jack has been learning to read, and Eli thinks he's all that by pointing out letters he sees; he calls them all "Aye!"
Words he says:
I wanna . .. . . . [this phrase precludes nearly everything he says]
dwaaa (draw)
peesh (peach)
apbo (apple)
Ohng (orange)
wahuh (water)
duddy/diddy (pacifier)
wah-bah (his lovey/bear)
huuse (shoes)
have (shave)
air (hair)
keen (clean - as in what we do in the shower)
ih-ee (icky)
yuh (yummy)
goo (good)
Myyyyyy (mine)
wahh (walk)
poo (pool)
poos (poop)
mo (more)
ah-gah (all gone)
ah-duh (all done)
car (car)
pay (play; this is used whenever he wants me to stop what I'm doing and come see what he's doing)
Jack
Jack is growing up by leaps and bounds. He's four now (did I post about his birthday last month? Oops.) He's learning how to read and doing a fantastic job. Over the last few weeks he's started wanting to be very helpful, particularly with Eli. He likes to narrate as he does this (of course). "Hey mom, I'm just helping Eli be happy." Or "Hey mom, look, I'm just helping him so you don't have to!". It's very cute. Also, sometimes if Eli's crying in the car, Jack will start talking to him explaining what's going on ("It's ok Eli, Mommy just have to drive home; we'll be there soon. You don't need to cry.").
Anyway, both kids are really developing a lot right now, which is kind of exciting. I would elaborate more, but I think my brain is a little too fried from dealing with their "development" to think of anything else :). All in all, they are doing great and are sweet little boys, for whom we are very, very greatful.
Here are some pictures from my phone from anytime in the last 10 months or so. Yes, that is just how on top of things I am :). I'm glad you all love us anyway and continue to read this blog :). Thank you to all for your continued support and love for us and these rugrats!
[Click on the album to enlarge and see the captions]
11 years ago
2 comments:
I surely do love these boys!
Your boys are getting so big, Eli was so little when we saw him last-I guess time doesn't stop does it? :) We miss you guys!
Post a Comment