Friday, November 10, 2006

Is it Christmas yet??

Has anyone noticed that everywhere you go (ok, comercially at least) there are Christmas decorations out?? Some people, think this is a travesty, but I'm excited! I'm not really that cheesy of a person, but the holiday season just engenders in me a feeling of warmth and security that I end up craving the rest of the year. As I write this I'm listening to a "Latino Christmas" cd that while a bit annoying, puts me in quite a good mood.

On a similar note, I read on CNN the other day that Wal-Mart has abandoned the generic phrase of Happy Holidays and replaced it with Merry Christmas. Good for them! For all who think Wal-Mart is evil, doesn't this show you what good people they are??? (I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that a lot of people boycotted them last year when they wouldn't say Merry Christmas . . . after all, they don't care about profits or anything . . .)

4 comments:

Michael Harris said...

Walmart is only using the phrase merry christmas to boost christmas sales. They are ONLY concerned with making money!!!!!

Mom Ockey said...

Nice try, Bec, but you won't convert me to WalMart, especially at Christmas time, when that place is a zoo. However, I agree that there's nothing wrong with starting Christmas in November. I too am listening to Christmas music. There's just too much beautiful Christmas music to restrict it to one month of the year.

Anonymous said...

Well, if you ask me Wal-mart is the best shopping place around. yes, I'm partial to the hustle and bustle of the season. The grocery part of it is another story!!!

Don Harris said...

WalMart's latest olive branch to another segment of the marketplace is to donate money to the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC). They already lost my business for other reasons, but this ices my sentiments against WalMart.