So I've had two funny things happen lately that I thought I'd share ;)
The other day I was sitting reading a book and using my ever-growing tummy as a shelf. As a side note, I'm hoping that pregnancy is the only time in my life when any of my body parts become useful furniture . . . Anyway, so I'd had the book resting on the top of my stomach for just a minute or so when Junior decides he doesn't like that so much and kicks at it! I moved the book, and, looking at my stomach, exclaimed "Excuse me!" What a little punk -- already getting in my way . . . what's next? Ruining a good night's sleep?? It was very cute because it was almost a form of communication between me and this little alien inside me :)
Then Saturday I decided to make some bread (a very rare occasion). Well, it heated up the house a little bit for Mike and my friend Becky who was over and gave me a full-on hot flash. Now, it was a warm day to begin with -- probably in the high 60s (read: this is my excuse for being hot; it's definitely NOT because I'm pregnant). So, anyway, I ask Mike and Becky if it isn't really really warm in the apartment. They of course thought it might be a smidgen warm but barely at all. Well, I was on the brink of dying from heat stroke, so I did the only logical thing I could think of: I opened the screen door and turned down the heat. The next morning (Sunday) Mike and I were both commenting on what a chilly day it seemed to be, and by the evening Mike was really cold. I did my usual malicious making fun of him for being cold, and then it dawned on me that I had forgotten to readjust the thermostat back to a normal temperature after the previous day's heat stroke. Wow, I am a genius! I really hope that I don't keep doing this, or Mike's going to be in sweatshirts all summer, even in D.C.!
Thanks for listening to my ramblings; I'm sure many of you can empathize!
11 years ago
7 comments:
It really makes me happy to hear about your pregnancy adventures. The feeling of having a baby inside of you is something that you just can't describe until you have experienced it. I remember being amazed that something so small could have such a personality! I'm glad your kid is a punk too! Cedar will love teaching him tricks. Hot flashes! I forgot about those! Just think, menopause is like 10 years of that! I love you kiddo! Glad things are going well!
luv,
sharon
Imposing punk attitudes on our child will only make it come true. ;)
I love your comments about the feeling of an alien taking of your body. So true. And the hot flashes yes they will last for the rest of your pregnancy. So fun to hear your take on pregnancy, it makes me laugh.
I love pregnancy stories! Give the little punk a push back. See if he can play.
This has nothing to do with the punk, but to answer your question the business is Viny cutting. You see a lot of it on tiles, "business hours" on doors, signs etc...
Jen
I'm tired of looking at this post. Will you write a new one? :)))) I love you!
Shar
Hehehe, maybe he just didn't like the book you were reading :) Poor little guy, getting a complex before he's even seen the world. Oh well, at least you're warned now so there should be a few less surprises.
Post a Comment