After some stealthy tracking I caught this varmint in my camera sights.
At first I didn't know what it was. We thought about a beaver, but dismissed it quickly. Nothing else came to mind so I went to a nature web site and was able to identify it as a eastern marmot or a woodchuck. Becca asks me why I am posting this picture instead of pictures of the baby. My answer is to ask you how many babies have you seen in your life? Now, how many woodchucks have you seen in your life??? Exactly. (Perhaps this strategy only works for those who don't live on the east coast or wherever the natural habitat of the woodchuck is) Sorry about the Princess Bride reference.
11 years ago
1 comments:
I, for one, have seen a lot of groundhogs ("woodchucks") in my life. But babies look all wrinkly and old man-ish for the first few weeks, so I don't mind the groundhog pics in lieu of wrinkled Jack picks.
Excited to have you guys back in town!
Post a Comment