So, Mike and I are guilty of coveting. That's right. We've coveted. What have we coveted, you might ask? The all-powerful Nintendo Wii. Our friends have one. One of our family members has one. We've been casually looking for one to buy since they came out a few years ago, but they've been so scarce that we've never actually seen one in a store. Enter: Craig's List. For the last six months or so, we've been looking on Craig's List for one but have never gotten our hands on one for a decent price. Until now. That's right, we just bought a WII!! And what a steal it was! This lady's kids decided they'd rather have a Playstation 3 than the Wii that they'd had for two months, so she was looking to sell (gotta satisfy those kids, right?). Well, we paid $180 for the Wii, the remote it comes with, and a nunchuk. Unfortunately, it didn't come with Wii Sports (a game), which usually does come with the Wii. Basically, we paid $180 for a package that off the shelf would have cost about $220. AND, you can't buy them off the shelf anywhere, so we totally lucked out. Alright, enough gloating. The flip side is that now we have a gaming system for which we have to buy games and another remote (so Mike and I can play together). Perhaps this was not the best financial decision ever, but we're usually uber-responsible, and it's something we've wanted for so long, and we got such a good deal!
So, you're all invited to come over and play our Wii with us -- once our game and second remote arrive in the mail (gotta love Amazon). We're so excited!!
11 years ago
6 comments:
Way to go! We can all be a little frivolous (?)every once in awhile, and we love our Wii, so I think its a great investment! :) (its the only gaming system that has games I'm interested in :)
You should get Mario Kart! It is really fun, and we can play online with you. It's free to play online too! It's a great game. Smash Brothers Brawl is also very fun and we could play that online with you too.
So, do you think you can teach an old lady to play the next time I come to visit?
Sure Mom! I think you'd like it!! And, it's good exercise (and fun exercise).
Wow Becca. I had no idea! Wii Fit does look pretty cool though.
Haha. So the Wii won over the GPS, huh? That's awesome, and what a good deal! I'm feeling a little behind the times though, and now I think I have to get one to keep up with my brothers. Hmmm, maybe I should get the TV first. :) Have fun!
Post a Comment