Friday, September 26, 2008

Bumper sticker

I like to think that I support those in the military because I'm grateful for what they're willing to do that I'm not willing or brave enough to do myself. I don't always agree with the ideals of the military, but I believe that those in it have good intentions and need our support just by virtue of the fact that they do put themselves in danger for us. However, I saw a bumper sticker this morning that said the following:

"It's God's job to judge the terrorists; it's our mission to arrange the meeting.
--The Marines"

I found this to be a bit un-Christlike. Not that I'm always the picture of Christianity that I should be, but don't you think that we could defend our homes and our families without being so crass about it? Surely we can keep the emphasis on what we are protecting, not on the act of killing that may have to take place in order to secure that protection.

1 comments:

CatherineWO said...

I agree, Bec. But then the Marines are in a class by themselves.