Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Random happenings

Hey all,
So I thought I'd post a few pics of what we've been up to. Jack is really getting into playing by himself, which is good for my sanity, so I've taken some pictures of him sitting up. I know they don't look very exciting, but consider that he's sitting there playing, and I can be doing something else. I love 6 months old!

We haven't been up to too much lately - mostly Mike studying and working on building websites for some law school organizations and me working on various home decor projects (try not to be too frightened). I'll have to post some before and after pics once I have the living room "done," but basically I've made some curtains, moved stuff around, and I think I might paint the coffee table next. We'll see. It's so fun to transform something into something better. Tangent - maybe that's how God feels when we change and become better people. Hmmm, deep thought.

Anyway, life is good in the Harris house. Jack is sleeping til at least 6 each morning, which is an improvement upon the 5-5:30 wakeups over the holidays. We'd still love 7, but we'll settle for 6:30. The weather is sunny but chilly, and we've got some tulips blooming on the windowsill. Very serene. Hope all is well with you all!

4 comments:

CatherineWO said...

Tulips? I am so envious!
Oh, he is so cute, I just want to grab him.
If you paint the coffee table, be sure to use low or no VOC paint and do it outside, or in the basement with a window open, and let it outgas for several days before bringing it into the living room.
[Just a little advice from someone who has done more painting in the past 36 years than I would care to remember. ;)]
Thanks for posting the pics of your happy family. They warm my frozen Montana heart.

Becky R. said...

Cute pictures! I wish we had tulips blooming...I think we have dafodils coming up though! I'm excited to see your living room when you're done with it!

Mike, Haley, and Emma said...

Sounds like you're having a great time!
Can't wait to see you this summer!

Rachel DeFreese said...

Jack is so big and so cute!