I know this is silly, but I just had to post that I got all of this produce for $9.98. I'm a little crazy about getting the lowest prices on things, so I've been scoping out the best places to shop for groceries around San Diego. There's this big grocery store about 10 minutes from our place that is primarily a Latino store (everything is in Spanish), and I've found that they have the cheapest produce around -- it even beats the Cville Market in Charlottesville, for all you Cville readers. Just as a example: Granny Smith Apples -- .50/lb.; red potatoes -- .33/lb. Anyway, when you're over the shock that I actually purchased and am planning on consuming this many fruits and veggies in a one week period, be amazed at these prices! The prices at the regular grocery store are several times as much (Granny Smiths are about 1.79/lb). Woohoo for shopping around!!
P.S. Mom, the bananas are NOT for me; I may like more things now, but I still have tastebuds . .
P.P.S. When I was at this Latino store yesterday two things really made me laugh:
1) There was a guy in the parking lot selling pirated cds!
2) The lady behind me in line looked at Jack and said "Es como bebe de Gerber!" [He's like a Gerber baby]. I've never gotten that comment in Spanish before :)
11 years ago
4 comments:
$.50 lb for apples?! Wow Becca! That's awesome. I totally understand you.
I'm impressed, Bec. The bananas are for Jack, right?
Wow, amazing job! I love the gerber baby comment.
Now you see why I LOVE produce on the West Coast. I'm completely jealous.
Post a Comment