It seems like most of our posts are just pictures of what we've been doing lately, and I hope you don't mind that. Occasionally, I wax creative or philosophical, but I'm always reticent to post such things on the blog because I guess I'm scared of opening myself up that much to the world. Please forgive me for my lack of confidence :).
Here's a list of some things we've done lately:
*Spent the day on Coronado Island and walked all around it; it's so beautiful! It's full of interesting (and large) houses, beaches, hotels, eateries, and lots and lots of tourists
*Went out to Ocean Beach and walked along the pier and saw a huge pelican eating out of people's hands.
*Visited the USS Midway (retired Aircraft Carrier) -- very cool, very depressing (I don't know how people live on those things for months on end), a spectacular view of the harbor, learned that Jack does NOT like the Moby wrap (sling thing) much anymore
*Checked out the D.I. in Chula Vista. Definitely worth the 15 minute drive. I felt like I was coming home . . .
*Walked around Balboa Park; there are some very cool buildings and gardens there.
*Went to the Scripps Aquarium and gave Jack his first taste of, well, aquariums; he loved it!
*Walked around La Jolla and saw lots of seals and again, lots and lots of tourists. We hope to someday rent a kayak or something or go snorkeling around there.
*Drove up to Torrey Pines Beach, with it's multi-colored cliffs and scarcity of free parking (always a challenge here).
*Mike did an activity for work that was probably the most exciting thing either of us have done, put together, then quadrupled. But, I'm going to let him post about that.
Here are some pictures from our adventures; we of course have more that are still on the camera but will have to get posted later.
Quick updates:
Jack: Loves shredded cheese, rolls all over the place and scoots on the bed but still no real crawling, teething, or hair growing; he is, however, finally adjusting to the time change
Mike: Getting into the swing of things at work and enjoying having evenings and weekends free (yay for no studying!)
Becca: Getting into couponing (groceries are expensive here), enjoying see the sites with Jack
Mike and I have also gotten into two new tv shows lately -- Psych and Arrested Development. Watch episodes online at Hulu.com (free, LEGAL, site)
P.S. I know I say about a million times how beautiful everything is, and I apologize for my lack of use of a thesaurus, but it really is so gorgeous here, and I can't help but express it!
11 years ago
4 comments:
I'm so glad you guys are enjoying it there! And, I'm excited to hear about the exciting thing Mike did! :)
Oh he is the most adorable little boy! I can't wait to see you!!!
It looks lovely, your photos look like beautiful postcards. Thanks for updating.
It looks lovely, your photos look like beautiful postcards. Thanks for updating.
Post a Comment