I guess this is the official "I'm pregnant" post! I'm 17 weeks as of yesterday, and things are going well. So far this has been a much easier pregnancy than Jack's, which I like to attribute to my better health and eating habits this time around, not to say that it couldn't be entirely random (and also not to say that I haven't been consuming copious amounts of M & Ms). With Jack I felt nauseated 24/7 for about the first five months, whereas with this one I've had good parts of days, days, and even weeks. I've been able to still run almost every day, although this last week there was a stomach muscle or two that was less than pleased after the first few laps. I'm shooting for 20 weeks, and then I'll think about switching to walks and the elliptical. My friend Kimber has been kind enough to swap kidsitting with me so that we each get to exercise kidless a few times a week. Our sons have become cute buddies, and it's so fun to see them smile at each other.
In Jack news:
He talks! He's repeating words like a madman and gets an A+ in animal sounds, particularly the lion, which is a very long roar.
Stars -- he's absolutely obsessed with them, so much so that when he was having a hard time napping last week, I bribed him with a cut out star to get him to nap. I'm not sure if that's what made him sleep, but as soon as he woke up he said "Star?"
Shapes & colors: He's pretty good with knowing basic shapes, and colors are in the works. His favorite shape of course is the star . . . He points out triangles and squares and circles and stars in signs around town, and it's very endearing!
Balls: Is there anything better than a ball? Really? Oh, and all balls must be kicked either "side" (outside) or in the kitchen. No exceptions.
Well, that's about all that I can think of now. Virginia is beautiful this time of year, and I'm glad that even when I'm not feeling well I can still look out our living room windows and see the green, green trees and the sun shining down on them. Yay for Virginia!
11 years ago
4 comments:
Congratulations! I'm so excited for baby #2!! And I'm very impressed that you're working out- I wish I had done that more when I was pregnant. Also, Jack sounds like such a cutie!
Glad to know that you are feeling better this time around. Congratulations.
What a brilliant little boy. I think all children named Jack must be exceptionally adorable as well as just plain awesome. I am glad you feel so great this pregnancy.
You look great! Also, glad to hear that the nausea is gone. The baby shower spread looked divine! Jack is so cute. I just get a big smile on my face every time I see pics of him. And on a belated note, congrats to Mikey on being done with law school.
Post a Comment