Sunday, August 29, 2010

August - insanity personified!

So much has happened since our last big post, that I'm not even sure where to start. To sum up:

Mike took the Bar
We packed up all of our stuff and sent it on a truck to CA
Becca and Jack hung out in UT for three weeks, with MIke going back and forth between CA and UT while awaiting the arrival of our stuff in CA
Mike's sister Stephanie got married in the Salt Lake City LDS Temple
We all finally made it down to CA and had all of our stuff
We spend two weeks getting settled and searching for a car
We bought a 2006 Honda Odyssey
Mike starts work tomorrow (Aug. 30)
My stomach got lots bigger

We have had so many woes and trials of our patience over the last month, and I think just about everyone has heard of them at some point, so I'll let it rest by saying that everything about the move that could go wrong and be more expensive, did. But, we're here now, and we're loving San Diego. The weather is beautiful; it's been in the low 80s and mid 70s mostly, with wonderful breezes in the mornings and evenings. We've made several trips to the beach, and Jack is slowly getting used to the "mess" that sand creates on his toesies. As you'll see from the pictures of our house, we're still a bit sparse on furniture, since we left several things in VA, and a few things got broken on the ride over. But, our priority was getting a car, and we did that yesterday. It's 2006 Honda Odyssey van, certified, and we hope it lasts us a long, long time. Buying a car was a less than fun experience for all of us :).

So, I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking, but here are just a few great things to have come out of the last month:

No more 100% humidity
New (ish) car
Jack's not addicted to mildly juiced-up water anymore
Jack's sleeping more!
We moved into a great house (townhouse 4-plex) with plenty of room for us all
We got new phones that are so fun and techy!
We live in a neighborhood and city that seems to fit us like a glove
We have felt so blessed by the outpouring of love and support of our families who have made our move and all of our travels possible; we couldn't have done it without you guys

3 comments:

Becky R. said...

nice wheels, and I love your new place. I'm glad you guys are so happy there. Can't wait to come visit! :)

Amy said...

We never thought we would love a minivan as much as we do. Enjoy all the space. So glad you have wonderful parents who are so helpful. We sure like them too. I'll be thinking of you in your sunshine filled house with a new baby.

Erin Gibbons said...

I'm so excited you got an Odyssey, I've been wanting one all summer, (due to the lack of space in a Corolla!!) And I also love that you wrote toesies, that was great :)