Here are some pictures, for your viewing pleasure. I may have already posted some of them; please forgive my mommy mush brain.
My mom came to our house on Oct. 15th. We thought we'd have a few days before the baby came to kind of chill out, but Eli surprised us all by coming in such a timely manner, on the 16th. Thus, Mom's entire time here was spent taking care of us and not doing a lot of chilling out. Let me just say that she is AMAZING. She took care of us in absolutely every way possible and made sure before she left (which was just a few days ago) that our house was clean, top to bottom, and that we were set with food and supplies. She even bought food for when my sister comes tomorrow. I really have no clue what we would have done without her. I'm just now starting to feel like maybe, in some remote way, I can handle taking care of both children. She got us through the roughest part. Most of all, she did it all out of her extreme love for us, which we felt every day through her every action. Thank you mom for being such an example of selfless giving (and for keeping us from killing the two-year-old).
Here's just a sampling of what she did while she was here:
Cleaned our kitchen
Cooked many, many meals
Prepared our house for the arrival of my 18-month-old nephew (outlet plugs, etc.)
Cleaned all three of our bathrooms
Vacuumed the entire house, including the stairs
Mopped the floor
Made every last toy into an airplane for Jack
Made paper airplanes for Jack
Got up with Jack in the mornings for two weeks; many times this was at 5:45 am
Did our laundry and folded our underwear
Stocked my house with food and cleaning supplies
Separated my ground beef into smaller packages for freezing
Bought us herbs and then replanted them in bigger pots
Cleaned my patio
Dusted my bookshelves
Ironed Mike's work clothes
Took Jack to the beach
Set mouse traps and caught our pooping mouse (eww) and disposed of it
Taught Jack how to use a zipper and how to wipe his hands on his shirt instead of in his hair
Complied with Jack's requests for her to take off her socks so he could see her "bumpy toes"
Wrangled Jack to get his diaper changed and clothes put on
Gave Jack countless baths
Put up with my endless need for control
Encouraged me to rest and took care of my babies so I could do it
Remained calm when my water broke and through my subsequent laboring
Saved our lives, once again, in one of the most difficult times we've had
Thank you Mom; I'm confident that there's nothing you can't handle and nothing we can't handle as long as you're around :). We miss you already!
11 years ago
4 comments:
Moms are wonderful. Your mom really can do anything. Glad she was able to stay so long.
Moms really are great! It is so nice to have them around, especially when you are learning how to take care of a new little baby and your other children.
Wow! She is incredible, and just think, someday you'll be that incredible Mom who knows how to handle everything when your kids are grown up! I like the fact that Jack now wipes his hands on his SHIRT, not his HAIR! That's awesome :) It reminds me of the time you laughed when I handed Calvin a stick and said "Here hit the tree. Bang, bang, bang!" Anyway, even though we're on two opposite ends of the country, I feel the exact same way about the two year old and the frenzy of taking care of two children! I swear I wouldn't make it if all the other, more capable, mothers around me weren't always asking to hold the baby for me! PS Sorry for the super long comment!
Your mom is a rockstar! So that's where you get it from...
Post a Comment