I know I've said it before, but it warrants a repeat: my parents amaze me. They came here for a few days (Sat.-Wed.) while "on their way" to the Mormon History Association conference in St. George, UT. Yeah, we're not on the way to St. George. It's a BIG detour, and I'm so grateful they took it. They came and played with the boys, took them on walks, helped Jack search for grizzly bears and mountain lions and doves, made ridiculous overtures to Eli and his adorable cherubic face, watched them countless times so that I could do things like go for a run by myself and have an adult conversation with Mike, kept me company, did the dishes, cooked meals, and generally reassured us that we're doing a good job raising the boys and that we can make it through this period in our lives that is so filled with long days and short nights. When I thanked them profusely and asked why they came and insisted on doing so much, my mom's reply was "Well, we can't very well send you on a vacation, so this is the best we can do." Thank you Mom and Dad for offering us some much-needed relief. Thank you for taking care of me like you always have and for giving me peace. We're not dying, we're surviving fine on our own, but we crave the company of family, and I cannot thank you enough for just being here. XOXOXO
Do note that we don't expect such treatment from all visitors. In fact, we are more than happy to cook for YOU! We've been very blessed to have lots of visitors so far and wholeheartedly welcome anyone who wants to come and play or just come and sleep on our futon and eat our cereal. Come on over!
11 years ago
5 comments:
I'm glad you had such a great time. You do have wonderful parents!
We're excited to see you guys next week, and you don't even have to cook for us! :)
Yay for family! That post made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I still wonder how people survive without help/ visits from parents. You all look fantastic! (Except for the no pics of Becca. HELLO! We need to see your cute face too!) Work on that please.
Honestly, Bec, the pleasure was all ours. Chasing the waves with Jack was the highlight of the whole trip (even better than Zion NP). And nibbling Eli's shoulders and neck--just yummy, yummy.
Hey Becca! I just realized that we both know Nichole Loser. Evidence that we did, in fact, know each other back at BYU. (She was my roommate in the Arabic House, probably the most quiet 4 months of my life!) Hope all is well with you guys and thanks for your great posts on my blog!
Post a Comment