Thursday, April 14, 2011

The kids



I feel like the kids are growing up so quickly, and I need to note everything that they do so that I'll remember it when I wake up one day and they're teenagers. So here goes.


Some random factoids about Jack at 2 years, 8 months:

He loves to growl/rarrr at things, people, animals, complete strangers

He's completely obsessed with Land Before Time III

He has a quasi-imaginary friend named Cinderella

I told him that the birds get scared away from the birdfeeder when we go outside, so now he stands at the window (inside) and tries to scare them by roaring at them. Very hilarious to witness.

He loves to cuddle and give hugs (when he feels like it)

He likes to be told stories (the same stories over and over and over and always involving trains or animals)

He loves airplanes, trains, his "guys" (little people figures)

He's starting to come up with things on his own, like saying that when we get to the top of the stairs we're reaching the top of the "tower" and naming one of his "guys", who happens to be his cousin's Lucha Libre figurine, "meat" which is a super appropriate name for this 'meathead' looking guy

Is a total parrot and now says a lot of phrases that I apparently say all the time, such as:
Eww, dat was tough
Sowwy bout dat
Dat was close call
Good morning Ewy (Eli)
Hey Ewy; I know, I know (when I'm trying to tell Eli that I know he doesn't like it when I do saline rinses on his nose)
How bout someting to eat?
No THANK YOU!!
You doin a great job!


He also has his own phrases, straight from his zany little brain:
Hey Mom (usually he calls me Monny)
Watch T? (Watch T-Rex, i.e. Land Before Time III)
Do such and such for just minute? (Like 'Watch trains for just a minute?); this is said in a completely nonchalant tone that he has mastered


He also likes to abbreviate words a lot when he's asking for something, like the asking to "Watch T" or "Circ Mom?" when he wants a circle candy (i.e. a lifesaver)







Eli

6 month check up stats: 16.5 lbs (30%), 28 inches (93%). There's a shocker . .

He is adored and loved and snuggled and kissed to death every day. He squawks a lot and is getting really good at grabbing things. He is the sweetest baby you will ever meet. He may never sleep through the night. His sleeping schedule changes EVERY day. Makes OCD mommy a little more psycho than she already is. We call him Eli, Ewy, Mr. Man, Mr. Grabby Pants, Squawker-McSquawkers, and Baby. Ok, so mostly I call him all those things, and Mike sticks to the decent names like Eli and Sweetheart. What can I say - you gotta get creative, right?

5 comments:

Amy said...

Cute kids. We love nicknames at our house. Our children don't really know what their real name is until they are at least 2.

Becky R. said...

You have such cute kids. Lincoln went through a growling at anything and anyone stage too... :)

CatherineWO said...

I can't stand it! I'm going to crawl right through the computer and just eat up those little guys. This is grandma torture (but thank you for posting it anyway).

Steph said...

They are getting so big, and I haven't even met little Eli yet. Thank you for posting. These blog posts make my week and make me feel a little closer to family. Your kids area adorable and their parents are pretty dang awesome too. :)

Kimber Menssen said...

Becca, I love your posts. They are not only hilarious, but you make them so true to life (capitals to emphasize, the phrases Jack says and just how he says them.) Yeah. I love it. Thanks for sharing the update on the boys. We miss you guys.