Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March Update

I wrote the rest of this post last week but just got the pictures pulled together today. Sorry there are none of my usual, sassy captions. I'm a little too tired and downtrodden today to write them, and it's mostly just random pics of the kids.

P.S. Eli fully rolled over twice this morning!





Two weekends ago, we were so lucky to have both of our sets of parents in town. On Sunday, March 6th, Mike blessed our little Eli Paul in church. It was a great day, and we had so much fun having our parents here. Mike’s folks came in the Thursday before and stayed until Monday, and my folks came in the Friday before and stayed until the next Friday. We packed a lot of activities into all of those days, but I think what I enjoyed most was just having them here to talk to. It’s interesting how much more it means to talk to your parents, the older you get and the more children you have. They’re so wise!

Here’s a rough recall of our activities while our families were here:

Aquarium – saw a really cool seahorse exhibit
Walked Torrey Pines Beach
Ate lots of good food
Costco and Goodwill (it’s a half hour away, so I can’t really go with just me and the kids)
Zoo
New Catalytic Converter on the Nissan
Beach – went to play at the playground, ended up sitting and watching dumptrucks for half an hour (because Jack wanted to; I’m not weird like that)
Target trip (new shoes for Jack! He’s super particular about what goes on his feet, so I felt like I need some supporting cast in order to go shoe shopping for him. Sad, I know).
Random party
Quick date to DQ for dessert
Generally enjoyed the beautiful weather here in SoCal

Yep, we kept busy! There was also a lot of grandparents holding, watching, and playing with the kiddos, a welcome break for Mommy and Daddy. Mike had to work a lot of the time, which was no fun. I know he’s not jealous that he didn’t get to go to Goodwill and Costco, but it would have been so much fun for us all to be together for the Zoo, etc. Alas, apparently you have to work in order to pay bills, so I’ll stop complaining ☺. I am so grateful for a hard-working husband who takes the brunt of things so that I can stay home with the kids. We each have our stressors, but at least mine (usually) take naps.

I cannot emphasize enough how thankful we are to our parents for the sacrifices they made in order to be able to come and be with us. We know it wasn’t cheap and that you had to take time off of work, and we are glad that we were on the benefiting end of these things. Thank you so much for all of your love and support. What a joyous time!

This week has of course been recovery week, i.e., Jack having to get used to only having Mommy around most of the time. A bit rough, I will admit. But well worth it to have seen our families and to have been together.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Glad that you had such a wonderful time. Grandparents/parents are the best to have around.

CatherineWO said...

Those are the cutest little boys ever, but who are those fat old people?

Becca said...

Oh Mother! The only old people I see are those boys' fabulous grandparents!

Becky R. said...

How fun to have your family there, I'll bet it was a treat. I always knew you had a thing for dumptrucks...hey, I still want to come see you guys when we vacation in San Diego the beginning of June, will you guys be around?