Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thank you

I have many things to be thankful for, and I hope to soon do a post about having our families visit recently. But for now I just want to share one thing.

I teach Relief Society, and I teach on the fourth Sunday of the month, which means that I always teach from a few talks given at the most recent General Conference. I sat down tonight to take a look at what I'm supposed to teach in a week and a half, only to discover that it's a talk that I randomly read in the last week. It's a great one and very apropos to life right now. Here it is.

I suppose I could chock this up to luck or coincidence, but I choose not to. I know what I felt when I made this realization, and I know that I'm actually NOT super hormonal right now, so I know that the tears that started to come to my eyes were from the warmth of the Spirit. I'm so thankful for Heavenly Father's tender mercies.

1 comments:

Steph said...

Thank you for posting that, Becca. It was a wonderful and timely reminder, and it was a talk that impacted me when it was given. I am so grateful for the wise counsel we are given and for the clarity understanding the gospel brings.