Today is Eli's first birthday, and while this last year has been immeasurably hard in so many ways, Eli has almost always been the bright spot of the day. He is my joy, my sweet, innocent joy. He lives to be tenderly touching me all the time, whether that's just resting his hand on my arm or nuzzling on our shoulders or just sitting in my lap playing. He smiles so easily, and when Jack is having a rough day, Eli can make it all not seem so bad. He's a long and skinny guy, but strong. He's quick and likes to scoot around on his bottom, sometimes peeking around corners to find us and then laughing. He doesn't always sleep so well at night, but he's a great napper. He is still much more attached to me than to solid food, so the mommy gravy train is still going strong. But honestly -- I don't so much mind having the extra time with this sweetheart ;).
11 years ago
5 comments:
That smile would be my joy too! Happy birthday little guy! And kudos to you Becca for making it through such a hard year.
Cutest photo of Eli yet! Happy Birthday Eli!
What a sweetheart, I can't believe he's already a year old!
I am badly in need of Eli kisses (and Jack's too).
Happy birthday, Eli! What a sweet boy and what a cute happy smile. I'm glad he's been a bright spot during this tough year.
Post a Comment