Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thankgsiving trip/December update

For Thanksgiving this year we headed up to Utah to see family.  It was AWESOME.  We were more than a little apprehensive about the 11 hour car trip with the three-year-old and the one-year-old.  I don't think that we'd ever gone more than about 1 1/2 hours in the car with them both prior to this trip, and around town they're not particularly stellar.  But they were surprisingly good.  I was going to do a fabulous run-down of the whole week, but then life happened, and I decided you'd rather see it all in pictures anyway, so feast your eyes on the 100+ fully-captioned photos below (click to make larger).  The photos run from Halloween until today and include a set from our camera and then from my phone.

Ok, ok, I feel like I should give a basic run-down of our trip -- we left home at 6:30 pm on the Friday before Thanksgiving, stayed the night in Vegas, drove the rest of the way on Saturday, and spent the week that followed staying at Mike's folks house and spending time with his siblings, parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles, and also with my parents, sister and family, and my grandma.  It was a lot of family and a lot of fun, and both kids did totally awesome, seriously.  We couldn't have asked for better behavior from them both in the car and with our families.  I haven't checked, but I think some serious stars must have been aligned . . .

P.S.  We're all doing really well and getting excited for Christmas!  Especially the three-year-old.

1 comments:

CatherineWO said...

You made my day, Bec. These are fantastic. How is it possible for two children to be so cute? Can I wait until February to see them? Oh, the pain. Hugs to all of you.