Wait, what? We have a blog?? How come I never knew this? I totally would have been posted all the time if I'd known! Oh crap, I did know. Guilty.
Anyway . . . We've had a lot going on lately. About three weeks ago Jack came down with a fever that lasted for about five days. He hovered around 103 F. The doctor said that there was a virus going around and all we could do was try to make him comfortable. This was attempted but not achieved, and he spent the better part of those five days either grumpy and tantrumming or practically catatonic on the couch. It was so awesome! Nope. Luckily, the next week brought much happier times as Mike's sister Julie and her family (including their three little boys aged 4, 2, and 8 months) came to stay. Jack was in HEAVEN. He had such a good time playing and so did Eli. James, the four-year-old, slept on a mattress in Jack's room, which Jack found absolutely amazing and mystifying. We were able to go to the aquarium together as well as spend some good time on the beach playing and barbecuing. Gotta love San Diego! It was so great to see all of the little boys running around chasing each other, and we are looking forward to getting them together more in the future. Oh, and in between the Sick Week and the Cousins Week, we got to go to Disneyland with Mike's brother Jeff and his wife and their absolutely adorable three-month-old baby boy, with whom I did not get nearly enough snuggle time. It was a hot, crowded day, but we still had a good time (how could you not? After all, it IS the happiest place on earth!).
This last week we were surprised with a visit from Mike's folks. Unfortunately, they were here for the funeral of Jeff's mother-in-law, who had been fighting cancer for quite some time. We are glad that they were able to come and stay with us. It was so nice to just hang out Grandma and Grandpa and be able to chat and play with the kids! We are forever grateful for people who come visit us, no matter the reason or the timing.
Ok, and way back in the Ice Ages, in March, Mike's sister Stephanie and her family came our way for a work conference, and we got to hang out. So fun! Love meeting all these new babies.
Alright, without further adieu, here's the good part -- the pictures of the children and the insane things they do, random happenings and planned cuteness. I know I have a lot more pictures on my phone, but those will have to wait :).
11 years ago
1 comments:
Hi Becca! So fun to hear what you guys are up to! I was just thinking about you the other day. I'm glad to hear that, (except for the sickness,) things are going well for you guys!!
Post a Comment