Thursday, June 26, 2008

Priceless

Man in Goodwill store: "Mommy!"
Becca [I'm not YOUR Mommy, but I'll be nice and play along]: "Hi . ."
Man: "Twins?"
Becca [Are you kidding me? This question again?? Are you really suggesting that I look so mammoth that there must be TWO children in there?]: "Nope, just one!"
Man: "Do you know what it is?"
Becca [Hopefully a child who will grow up to be tactful . . ]: "It's a boy."
Man [Laugh, then the following said in all seriousness]: "Great! The world needs more men!"
Becca [Hmm, not sure how to respond to that, especially after this conversation]: "Yep . ."
Man: "Maybe he'll grow up to be the President!"
Becca [Now you're speaking my language!]: "I'd be happy with that!!"


Getting asked once when you're eight months pregnant if you're having twins: Anomaly.
Getting asked a second time when you're eight months pregnant if you're having twins: Priceless.

Luckily, it's hard to be offended when people are just trying to be nice :)

6 comments:

Rob and Juliann said...

We're going to need a recent picture so we can confirm that you are indeed great with child. I'm glad you didn't kick him, you might have fallen over.

SharonB said...

I think I was like 7 months when I was asked that the first time! I miss you so much! I love you tons. I wish you were here. Okay maybe not in your current state but I really miss you!

Jen Ockey said...

I love your new layout for your blog! So, when are you going to spill the beans and tell us all what you're going to name that boy???

Beth said...

Hey, Becca, Thanks for leaving a note on my blog!

Man, what an annoying person. What I hate are the people who think that since you've got a belly it must not belong to you anymore and they think it's acceptable for them to touch it to feel the baby kick. Hello, I'd like to introduce you to my friend, Bob PersonalSpace. It hasn't happened to me yet, but it has happened to just about everyone else I know.

I think you are a lot more polite than I am.

Rachel DeFreese said...

You and you belly look great!

Rachel DeFreese said...

Can you tell it's late? I meant Y-O-U-R