Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I love this kid




So, I just have to post today. As you know, Jack started walking about a week ago. Since then, he's had a really bad cold and been teething (go tooth #5!). Well, today he seems to be pretty much over both, and I am head over heels in love with him. He has been so cute and so sweet. Ever since he started walking he seems to have gotten a lot more cuddly. I don't know if maybe he's feeling a little insecure, or what, but now he likes to come and sit on my lap and cuddle with a book or cuddle while we watch Sid the Science Kid (great show, seriously). I love hearing him walking towards me, hearing his little feet hit the floor, with the rustle of his diaper in the background. He loves to walk around and follow us; he loves to kind of put his arms behind him like he's going to take flight; he hates to fall but does it often. I don't know how to put into words how much I really love him. I know many days are not as fun as today was, but today I thoroughly enjoyed being Jack's mommy. He had so many smiles and so many snuggles for me, and I kind of wish I could keep him at this stage forever. He's very quickly turning into a little boy and not a baby anymore, and I'm loving every minute of it.

2 comments:

CatherineWO said...

I'll join in as one of Jack's cheerleaders any day. What a cutie! I can hardly wait to see you all.

Matthew and Hailey said...

It is so fun to watch them grow up! I am glad he feels better, especially before you head off for Christmas vacation.