Hello. Thank you for calling the Harris house on a Saturday. If you'd like to speak to a grumpy, tired mommy, please press 1. To reach a tired daddy who works six days a week, please press 2. For a charming two-year-old who for some reason refuses to take decent naps on the weekends, press 3, or just listen closely and hear him scream. Finally, if you wish to contact a frustrated baby who wants nothing more than to move around and be held so he can see everything that's going on, press 4.
1
Thank you for calling mommy. If you are crying or have any intention of whining, please hang up and dial a different number. If you would like to come take care of two children, just come on over. Please bring chocolate.
2
You have reached the answering machine for daddy. He can't come to the phone right now because he's working. Please try again, perhaps on a Sunday.
3
Chocolate??? Cartoons??? Pizza??? Mommy!! Want treat!!
4
A-goo. A-goo goo. WHAAAAAAA!
At least they're cute, right? We're hanging in there, but by the end of the week we're all a little tired :).
Sorry the pics aren't the best; they're from my phone.
11 years ago
7 comments:
Wish you lived closer. I would come over and bring lots of chocolate.
Sorry to always have a comment...but Shea is now working 6 days a week as well. I wish I thought it would magically stop after law school, but obviously we're just getting started. Today I was like "Why couldn't he just be a plumber?!" It's a secure, worthy occupation, and I'm sure many less hours. (Although I'm not sure if that would mean he'd be more, or less, willing to do things like fix the disposal and plunge the toilet in our own house.)I'm sure you're doing a GREAT job, and before you know it Eli will be sleeping through the night! (It has to happen, it has to! I don't think anyone has ever gone their entire life not sleeping!) At least it's warm out, right?
It sounds like you guys need a nice vacation to Utah! :) I'm sorry it's been a rough time, it sounds like Mike is definately being kept busy, and I understand what it's like not having a husband around much, I think Spencer went almost 3 full days this week without seeing Lincoln.
I sure miss you! It sounds like you are having a blast. We are having similar "fun" experiences at our house. We decided that we need to take more videos so we can at least laugh about it in years to come. (haha, look at that little girl screaming because she can't wear two pairs of underwear.) hmm...what else can I say? (I have to make my comment longer than Erin's). j/k
Very clever post, Becca. I wish I lived closer too so I could come over, watch two children, bring chocolate and give you and Mike a date night. Maybe someday I won't live across the country from you. Hang in there! It also looks like I have some good things to look forward to, huh? :)
Becca, this is priceless. I just finished scarfing down about 1/3 of a bag of chocolate chips (not to mention the cookies I had for "second breakfast") as therapy for figuring out how to be the mother of two children. I told Dave that keeping me supplied with ready sugar is cheaper than counseling would be, and he just raised an eyebrow and said, "Is it cheaper than a bottle of insulin will be?"
Post a Comment